Photographer's Note

Looking through a pair of windows in the remains of Lees Ferry Fort toward the cliffs forming the north side of the Paria Canyon.

In the summer of 1874 Lees Ferry Fort was built to assert control of the river crossing during a periosd of tension between missionairies and native american tribes. The fort was never attacked, but welcomed travelers as a short-lived trading post. Later, in 1911, miners expanded the building for brief use as a crew mess hall. After that it werved as a home for various ferry families, USGS employees, and passing travelers. It is now managed by the Forest Service as part of the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

ISO 100, f/20 at 1/80 second, 16mm focal length

pajaran has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 8
  • None
Additional Photos by Mark Freitag (nagalaut) Silver Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 20 W: 1 N: 445] (756)
View More Pictures