Photographer's Note

The parish Church of the Lord Jesus on Calvary, is located near the Public Garden of the city of Montemor o Novo, its original chapel was built around 1600 by the Confraternity of the Souls of Calvary, and the construction of the room to the order of 1633.
In 1690 the temple was expanded, leaving the building with the current dimensions, and in 1716, the room was tiled order of great beauty, which today gives the classification of "houses of public interest."
Between 1953 and 1956 were further restoration work in the building, including the placement of tile panels around the nave of the church, in shades of blue and white.
In 1987 further restoration works were executed, considering this time, the renovation of the roof, exterior paint, and the placement of a tile panel in polychromatic facade.

Nobody has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1091
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Joao Correia (sogal) Silver Note Writer [C: 2 W: 0 N: 1253] (1854)
View More Pictures