Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2013-05-29 7:27

Hi Viviane!
Good to see you uploading some shots from your holiday. Pity about the weather, is it not? Anyway, it means this shot has touches of winter and a delayed spring about it. It's very atmospheric with the shadows of clouds and bits of snow on the slopes in the distance, and maybe the sun is trying to break through the cloudy sky in places. It's an interesting patchwork caused by the burning of the heather.
The weather down in the more southerly regions has been foul in the last 2 days, but was mercifully pleasant and even sunny in Cropredy near Banbury for two days before the winter returned.
Best wishes,
Andrew

Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 PM

Default To macondo: Atmospheric indeed...

Bonjour Andrew & merci pour ta visite!

I honestly must say that, either Chris or I, do not mind of the weather when we are visiting such regions. We knew it from England and Wales years ago and from Scandinavia in '99, '02, '04 and '06 but we keep going because we just love it, sun or no sun!
Shadows, clouds, mist... Magical!

I really believe I was meant to live in those countries or at least on one of the "Grandes Causses" in Auvergne if it had to be my beloved France!
In fact the weather of the 3 first week wasn't that bad... You will see... I'm planning more photos from these "dream holidays".

The only "pity" was to have miss you this time but we WILL ever meet, I'm sure!

Bien amicalement - Viviane