Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Luko 2005-02-12 20:01

outstanding photo, looks like an oldtime realist ad with chinese people waving a red flag all over the frame for a better future.

on the negative side there's too much sharpening, the guy's skin looks like a concrete wall : dont know whether it comes from your settings (did you put the sharpness setting to 5/5?) or post process.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:16 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Luko: Realist ad

Thanks Luko,

You put words on the feeling I had when I saw him. I felt I saw this kind of scene before :)

Well, I used the 5/5 setting but I feel it's mainly because of my post-processing workflow. I applied two sharpening steps : Radius 2 @ 100% on the uncropped picture; then radius 0.9 @ 50% on the TE size picture. Maybe it's too much...

Have a good night ! It's too late for me :)

Steven
Old 02-13-2005, 12:53 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Luko: Realist ad

I wonder why you're using the 5/5 sharpness settings, personally I tend to use the 4/5 and i'm afraid to go sharper, my further sharpening is processed through Pshop...

As for Pshop sharpening I can definitely say, that's not the settings I would use, your radius is much too high IMHO... this is one of the last processings i'd do before framing, once I have reduced the image to a 1000 to 1200 pixels width, i'd apply several passes, one is for "defogging" the pic but the other ones would imply 0.3 radius at most, with effects ranging from 100 to 200...

Cheers
Luko