Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2008-02-24 19:53

Alvin,
I'm not quite sure how often I have seen this view from the very same POV here at TE and yet every single time it looks different. Different weather, different light, different clouds, different mood and atmosphere, but all of them have the taste of more! Pretty soon I will be there myself to be awestruck. Is mid - end August still enough to get the sunset?
Peter

Old 02-26-2008, 02:16 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To pboehringer: Sunset on Moraine Lake

If you've never been to Moraine Lake then you are in for a real treat - one of natures true wonders. It's also very photogenic, almost impossible to take a bad shot there. I recommend your widest lens though, because those mountains are close and you can struggle to get everything in, especially if you want to include reflections. As to the sunset in August - I honestly don't know if you will be able to get this type of shot then, or if the sun will be setting too far over. This was really a last light shot, from around mid July. I sould also say that the sun sets very early there, because of all the mountains - at least an hour before the "official" sunset time you get from the weater sites. Good luck!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To pboehringer: Sunset on Moraine Lake

Thanks for these more than important tips. I'm oogling for a while the lens 17-55mm f/2.8 and maybe this trip to the Canadian Rockies will finally be the reaso to buy it.
By the way, are you joining us for Painted Hills in April?
Peter