Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great scobert 2007-05-22 10:29

Hello Mark,
I reposted the Girl Under the Desert Arch Photo after you took the time and effort to write a review. Sorry about that. A critic correctly stated that I oversharpended the photo. I reposted the photo this morning. Another excellent photo of the desert with fabulous clouds and vivid colors. I would leave the colors alone and not try to correct them. The colors are portrayed accurately I believe. Perhaps a little noise reduction would help . Isn't resizing our photos for the internet a pain? Good work!
Stan

Old 05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To scobert: Sharpening and noise

Hi Stan,
I'm never quite certain how much to sharpen the image before posting it. When it looks good on my monitor it appears a little "mushy" in TrekEarth. I don't know why, but I tend to over compensate as a result. However, maybe I should do the sharpening before resizing to, maybe, eliminate some of the noise during the compression process.
I agree that resizing is a step I'd prefer not to go through, but I can see where they want to ensure a certain quality by keeping thumbnails out and by restricting the maximum file size they can reduce misuse for gain (and the rate at which they need more storage/servers).
I have one (or two) more sky shots to post, but I'm feeling my way on them as the foreground isn't great and the colours are near oversaturation naturally. Darned fire in the sky!