Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great andreng 2006-10-21 1:16

Harjit,
This must be a wonderful time in Vermont. I happened to be in Williamsport, PA last year but missed the fall season. I must schedule my next visit there to take in the wonderfall fall colours as you have captured in your many Vermont Folliage shots posted. I believe they should be the same in PA.

I like this composition where you have also included a house in the shot. I may prefer a different angle where I do not see a flat wall of the house staring at me. What also in a way that is surprising to me is that there is no one out in such a nice day. Some human subject or even a dog may have contributed to the shot. Anyway those a sometimes beyond our control. cheers, Andre

Old 10-28-2006, 07:11 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To andreng: Terima Kasih

Hi Andre,

PA is similar to Vermont and they too generally have a very nice foliage. What were you doing in PA? You need to come to Vermont in late September or early October to catch the wonderful foliage colors.
This picture was taken at the end of the work day and people were still returning home. Generally, in North America, people do not hang out outside as much as people do in Asia. People come home, shut the doors, and shades and stay inside. Believe it or not, I'm been living in my house for 7 years and I don't even know my neighbors. You might wave to them in the summer time while lawn mowing but that's pretty much it. It's quite sad really. Apart from the food, the socializing is what I miss the most from Malaysia.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To andreng: Terima Kasih

Hi again Harjit,
My company HQ is in Williamsport PA. So was there for work and a little sight seeing. In Williamsport it is almost similar to what you have described but there are more activites with the University around and also it being the home of the Little League. You must come back to Malaysia and enjoy the 24hr Nasi Kandar Stalls. They have been mushrooming around everywhere. Take Care, Andre