Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good kristofk 2006-09-26 11:31

Hello,
a great view of the mountains with added dynamism of ascending group. However, technically there is much space for improvement. I have done a WS on the photo, in my opinion it is somewhat better. Maybe you will agree. Please, have a look.
Best regards Kristof

Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 AM
TE Newbie

Default To kristofk: workshop

Hi Kristof,

Your workshop is great apprecitated. It has certainly improved the view of the mountains in the back ground. However, the people seem to have less impact now as them seem dark like shadows. Is there a way for you to make the people a little less dark?

Thanks,
Tan
Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To kristofk: workshop

Hello,
yes, one can play with "curves" and try just to decrease the darkness of the dark areas, but of course, this will include also dark parts of the mountains in the background (rocks) and with this their contrast will diminish. It is always problematic what one wants to stress - and always one has to find a compromise between all different parameters that can be adjusted. My advice - as commonly given - is just to try and change the photo in all possible and impossible ways and then decide which one suits the mood of the photo the best - but for me the decision is normally a very difficult one. As I am sure you know that a view that we see through our eyes is always processed in the brains and we sometimes see something that is not there and many times don't see evertything that is there.

Many good shots in the future and best regards
Kristof