Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rewshearer 2006-09-04 3:57

He didn't have any comment about the photographer lying on the ground?
Excellent photojournalism, great point of view and capture of this man's toil.
I do have to ask what sort of living he can make from this ... I don't imagine his salt will sell for a lot of money?
Rew

Old 09-04-2006, 11:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To rewshearer: any comment

He didn't have any comment about the photographer lying on the ground? ==> You know, one thing I learn when taking shot a human interest is a personnal touch.. before taking the photo, it'll be better if we starting a nice conversation first with the one we are going to shoot.. if possible, make some jokes and make him laugh.. In this case, I presented myself to him and told him that I'd like to take some shots of his daily life and ask him to do his activity without paying attention of my existence, and he agreed.

I know that by doing this job, it is not enough for him to feed his familly (1 wife, 1 daughter and 2 grandchildrens).. He told me that the most important thing is they have to survive and he will do anything to feed his family..

After taking some shots, I could only buy his salt and give it back to them, so that they could sell it to others..

PS : When you think that God don't give enough to you, just look at them !

PEACE !