Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great snunney 2014-10-31 5:11

Hello Bev,
A lovely little anecdote to go with this delightful composition. I like the composition and the amount of space given over to this lovely upside-down reflections. Light and colours are most appealing and sharpness very good on the TE beta site. One just wonders how much longer this is going to remain a beta site?
To answer your question I was able to include the whole of the Town Hall, but the top bit which is a rather splendid dome, was completely covered in scaffolding. On balance, I thought it better to crop that.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:54 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To PaulVDV: Food

Hi Paul. The food was relatively cheap. Seldom did we spend more than $A20 for a meal which included soup, main course, possibly desert and a drink of non-alcoholic beer, yoghurt drink or tea. As for their special bread (of which i shall write at future date) the supply was copious.In some less fancy but more authentic places the bill was less. Regards. Klaudio.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:29 AM
TE Expert

Default bread

Hello Klaudio,

You mention bread.

Usually I like bread everywhere I go. But the bread I got for breakfast in Iran was something different.
Thin as a newspaper and it tasted as an old newspaper.

In 1996 I really enjoyed my trip through Iran. But it was far from a culinary highlight.
There weren't really that many restaurants. Sometimes I had to go to eat in the restaurant of a very expensive hotel, a hotel where you had to pay in US-$ for the overnights, not for the restaurant. Meals were paid in rial (and very cheap).
Perhaps there weren't that many restaurants in that time because the country was still recovering from the eight-year war with Iraq. This might all have changed meanwhile.

Best regards from Belgium,
Paulb