Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ceky 2004-06-29 5:36

Bravo !
Je n'ai jamais vu de photo de lenticulaire aussi pure que celle-ci !
Pour ceux qui ne le savent pas, les lenticulaires c'est aussi le rve des pratiquants du vol voile (vol en planeur) : ce sont les matrialisations de fortes ascendances dues des phnomnes ondulatoires ; en effet le long de leur bord d'attaque (ct vent), l'air monte souvent plus vite que n'importe quel ascenseur (20 km/h est une moyenne), jusqu' des altitudes trs leves (gnralement de 5000 10000 mtres).
A dfaut d'avoir pu surfer le long du nuage de Dominique, je me contente aujourd'hui d'en rver en surfant sur Trekearth !

Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To Burnham: Shame on you...

comparing 213 year old redwood logs strapped together with leather strips and colored with natural dyes in the style originally used by the Ohlone Indians with 1970's wallpaper is blasphemy! ;-) You must be Lutheran...

The light was challenging and I had to use the burn tool to reduce brightness from the flash. You can still see brightness where I did the work. I really am happy to be done with the Hunt. Even though Ollie is going to be gone the next month I intend to post images that will be part of my "Homage to Olli" theme. I also am enjoying the shooting I've been doing at the edge of San Francisco Bay and will post images for that theme as well. For you, I imagine as your trip draws near you'll have more that takes your attention away from photography. Did you get an answer back from Adam about keeping your membership current even though you won't be posting for an extended period of time? You will be missed, no doubt, Line, though I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you well with your great adventure.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:26 PM
TE Senior Member

Default :o)

Hi Curtis, again I've done wrong in a critique :o) However i swear my grandmother used to have wallpaper just like that, I've seen it in old pictures :o) As for being a Lutheran, you go figure... :o).
Well I'm sure olli will appreciate coming home to a homage for him (I just called TE home, I'm loosing it).
I enjoy you Bay area shots aswell so please keep them comming. Adam did answer, and it is no problem, as he said it "as long as you allready have photos on TE your account won't be closed", so I'm not worried, adn besides I'l probably check in a couple of times a month to comment, when I'm enjoying such luxuries as running water and electricity :o)
Thanks for wishing me well, and I'm sure I will be. Line