Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Disabled_A 2011-08-26 1:55

Hi Frederic,
yes, very determined! a bit stern as well :)
God only knows what she sees and what she's thinking about!
another interesting photo-observation in your gallery:)
The POV is just great!

well.. concerning the composition...
in my opinion, the vertical format is a good choice; anyway the lower part of the image is too dark (almost 100% black without any trace of grey or white) and doesn't bear any particular "message" (wasn't your aim to capture the face? :o) );

so, perhaps, here we return (again) to cropping :)
I'd suggest cropping the photo a bit at the bottom as it makes the picture too "heavy" and distracts attention from the top - from the lady's face. But this is just my opinion. Others may think otherwise :)

warm greetings from warm Moscow,
Elena

Old 08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To fanni: Maybe ... :-)

hi Elena,

not sure about cropping ... Or have to crop the right or left side. Because the format would be strange.
No message indeed, I saw her in the crowd and found her so different from the others. Anyway, I can make mistakes sometimes Well tomorrow, there won't be a message (just an ironic critic of plastic surgery).

Rainy Paris today ...

Best regards

Fred
Old 08-26-2011, 10:34 AM
TE Expert

Default :))

Hi Fred,
well well, I told you it's just my opinion - my perception!
I agree: when cropped, the photo would be of a square format... maybe it would look strange.

As a famous Chinese philosopher once said, "how can we know which of us is right and which of us is wrong? Maybe both of us are wrong? Maybe both of us are right? Maybe you are right and I am wrong? Maybe you are wrong and I am right?"
I like this idea a lot.

After all, in certain circumstances and from certain points of view, each of us is really right. it depends on how we look at it.

Seriously, I am not too sure about cropping myself, so this was just a suggestion - an instant feeling when I saw the photo.
By the way, maybe if this were a colour photo I would see it differently! (which is also important). it's just the black colour - nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delnaja View Post
No message indeed, I saw her in the crowd and found her so different from the others.
I guess I used the word "message" wrongly in this case And it was referred to the colour only

Quote:
I can make mistakes sometimes
Mistake or not a mistake - it is always a step forward. At least, I think so.

Quote:
Rainy Paris today
Cloudy and very warm in Moscow... still warm
in the news they say it's up to +40C in Central Europe?!

Best regards and good luck!
Elena
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 AM
TE Senior Member

But I'm interested in your opinion and the others' one too
it is part of TE, not just only positive critics. And some don't understand it ... I'm glad you make sincere comments, really, so rare ...

In colours, the photo is not so different : black clothes, blonde hair It was hard to let the series in colours because there were so many colours that the eyes were attracted by everything ... And I had a headache after

No 40 now, only 16, still grey outside. We had a big storm this night, rain during about 4, 5 hours.

Best regards Elena !

Fred