Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great desman 2004-09-22 6:12

j'ai peur !

Old 09-22-2004, 11:59 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To eleparc: elephant

I put the wrong picture on, they looked the same to me. I checked the one on earthtrek, and caught the mistake, just before I read your note. I need better glasses, these are 99 cent store one from USA. This place is between new and old delhi, by the New Delhi train station. Cheap hotels, famous for the grundge crowd. I stayed right here on this street for 6 weeks after Chamba. The Olympus digital camera was "fixed" in Chandi Chowk, by some guys who took it instantly apart, laid it in the dirt, and were gluing the lens when I left it. They scratched the inside of the lens with a rough cloth, it looks like. It is not the one ruined in Chamba, but similiar, a slightly newer one. It was fixed in Kathmandu and India, then more of it fell apart (due to be ing "fixed"). I am going to go somewhere for a new camera soon, Singapore, Bangkok, or Dubai......I brought two expensive Olympus digital cameras, one cheaper Argus digital camera (WORKED ONE DAY), AND MY TRUSTY FILM PENTAX...(which they ruined all my film everywhere I left it) from the USA two years ago. I had no camera after chamba, but film for 6 weeks, so something is better than nothing. I must have one. This one is ok, good, and bad, never know how photos turn out till I see them. It is very loose inside!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:23 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To eleparc: elephant

wow, thats sounds like the blues to me... Gloria... when is your trip ending? what are you really looking for through this trip? maybe you need to wonder cos' you seem pretty much worn out by it all now... Is this time to go back? i ma just wondering how long can one flee away from his own reality?? sorry for speaking out loud what passed through my mind... just a thought, nothing personal. just trying to help...;-) take care!
eric
Old 09-22-2004, 01:36 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To eleparc: elephant

I have been gone 2 years almost. I sold or gave away all I own, it was hell where I lived, many stories, none of which people want to believe. I am in s. India now, very different, pleasant, smiling faces, nice. Once I get a camera, I will come back here to Kerala, and sit for a few months, then go to Nepal if I think I can to see my best of freinds in Pokara and Kathmandu, (maoists depending).... Chamba was unexpected, and the loss of my camera, was even worse to my soul, than the physical damage they did. I am still suffereing, and had to replace my front cap, they knocked loose. (first dentist I picked promptly sawed off the stump, heis a gangster and dangerous) I think Chamba did something very bad to my stomach, pulling me forward out, between the front seat of a car and the door frame laughing all the time. I had black bruises on my spine, legs, fingerprints on my arms, they went away, but my stomach and my spirit are still suffering..... thanks for the note!