Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Olrik 2007-09-10 9:15

Hi Kaustubh,
Here is an informative and interesting one for me. I lived indeed 15 years in Nantes, it's a town that I appreciate very much. I recognize under the elephant the "tour d'Anne de Bretagne". I haven't heard at all about this exhibit. If the other machines are so impressive, I can imagine that the exhibit was fantastic.
Olivier.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Floydian: reply

Hi Henk!
To the technical side,you wrote in the critique on the Monument Valley picture:
You recognize really good that I used the middle gamma,too.But actually I alway use the levels tool first of all.
Thank you very much for the hint with the curves option;I just tried it out...Its more difficult,but very helpfull.I think Im going to use this on my next picture Ill put in,too.

Regards and thanks one more time,Jonas
Old 09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Floydian: reply

Jonas,
That you use the level options first is perfect, that's were you start. If the levels are not correct you will always walk one step behind in further pp.
Open your curvers dialog box and hold ALT and click once on the raster inside, you see now a much large raster field. You also can make the dialog box larger by making it wider pulling on the edge.
At the top you set the mouse about 20% from the top and move it slightly to the left.
At the bottom you set your mouse about 20% from the bottom and move it slightly to the right.
You have now a kind of s-curve which creates more contrast. Of course more tweaking is nessacery but you have at least a start.

Good luck,

Henk