Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Matthew-Watt 2011-01-21 16:09

Hi Paul,

Your yearning for a good photo of the attractive birch trees has paid off today. This photo is brilliant. It would make for a fine wall hanging. There is a lot of texture and subtle colour for the eye to behold. Great realistic sharpness and lighting elements. I like the vertical composition which gives a hint to the height of these slender trees. At a glance, it seems it could be a photo of reptilian skin of some sort. Amazing the tricks the eye can portray. Well done, tfs!

Matt

Old 01-22-2011, 01:54 AM
TE Expert

Default To Matthew-Watt: Good Evening Matthew

The vertical composition has its challenges for me too. I found it hard to decide which leaning birch should be inside the frame dead vertical to level the frame. I decided on the upright that is bright and out front on third in from the left. On the left edge and right side another group of birch lean the other way. I tried that as vertical reference but it looked worse.
Question for you Matt. How do you like your Canon 55-200 lens? I am looking at buying another lens for my wife seeing I have two Canon bodies now and two wide angle zooms would come in handy when we shoot together. Thanks again. Have a good weekend.

Paul
Old 01-22-2011, 04:54 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Canon 55-200 lens

Hi Paul,

I find the Canon 55-200 lens to be very workable. It is a worthy lens for my current level of photographic skill. The optics are very pleasing to me so far. A good example was when I was taking photos of Mt. Everest in low light. The Canon 55-200 lens offered good stability and clear quality. It is good to use from a high vantage to pick up details, such as at sporting events etc. Hope you and your wife enjoy it, should you buy.

Cheers,

Matt