Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Lanaud 2008-11-30 6:28

Lovely. Clear waters of the Lakes. For a second there, I thought I was looking at he shores of the Lower St-Lawrence river. Your feelings there are exactly what I feel when I'm along a seashore.
There is a small tilt of the horizon to the right but it takes nothing away from the beauty here.
Thanks for sharing

Old 11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Lanaud: Clear waters of Dyers Bay

Oh hello again, Laurent. Thank you for looking at my picture and for your kind comments. Is the water of the lower St. Lawrence mixed, fresh with salt? It must blend at some point near the ocean. My sister has picked our Quebec holiday destination and it is near St-Agathe (Deux Lacs), which looks lovely, but I was hoping to explore further into the province. I may entice my husband to trek out to the coast with me in that case (Gaspe, Bic Park, something nearer the end of the mainland).

Daria (waiting for a big storm to hit Toronto)
Old 12-01-2008, 11:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Lanaud: Clear waters of Dyers Bay

Bonjour again.

Yes, the waters do mix. Salty water can be spotted even further up than Quebec City.
The real mix though is near Tadoussac where it mixes with the Saguenay River. Whales have a good time there

Ste-Agathe is in the Laurentians just North of here, about 1 hour from where I am. Going down to the Gasp coast is more than 6-8 hours away I'm afraid and that's not counting the hundreds of stopsyou can have there along the way

Regards,

Laurent