Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-31-2008, 05:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Qui est le voleur maintenant? / Who's the thief now?

(English version bellow)

La photo originale est expose dans le bar de l'Atomium.
On y voit des ouvriers occups de travailler la rnovation de l'Atomium.

De un, l'Atomium est ferme au public pendant les travaux ce qui empche de prendre des photos.
De deux, elle a pris les ouvriers comme "statues" dans une de ses rponses. Si elle tait sur place ce moment elle aurait vu, je pense, que les statues taient mobiles...

Si certains d'entre-vous habitent Bruxelles, rendez-vous dans le "Bar pois" de l'Atomium. Vous pourrez y voir la photo identique.

La photo de [admin: names or/and retributions are not allowed] comportait galement une trs forte dformation chromatique et un vignettage hors du commun... effet du rtro-clairage qui n'est pas prsent sur celle de Flickr...

Voici la photo de Flickr claire volontairement dans Photoshop. On peut y voir la photo rtro-claire et l'arrire la structure de l'Atomium.

J'espre sincrement que [admin: names or/and retributions are not allowed] est l'auteur de cette photo, mais alors pourquoi ne pas dire que cette photo a t vendue l'Atomium? Pourquoi la photo contient tant de dformation chromatique? Et surtout pourquoi n'a-t-elle pas vu que les statues taient des ouvriers (nombreux) lors de la rnovation?

--------

The original pict is exposed in the bar of Atomium.
One sees workmen occupied to work for the restoration of Atomium.

One, Atomium is closed to the public during work what prevents from taking photographs.
Two, she tooks workmen like statues in one of her answers. If she were on the spot at this time she would have seen, I think, that the statues were mobile

If some of you live in Brussels, go in the Bar pois of Atomium. You will be able to see the identical photograph there.

The photograph of [admin: names or/and retributions are not allowed] also comprised a very strong chromatic deformation and a vignettage out of the commun... effect of the retro-lighting which is not present on the Flickr's one.

Here the Flickr pict lit voluntarily in Photoshop. One can see there the backlighted photograph and the back the structure of Atomium.

I hope for [admin: names or/and retributions are not allowed] is the author of this photograph, but then why not to say that this photo was sold? Why the photograph contains such an amount of chromatic deformation? And especially why didn't she see that the statues were workmen (many) during the restoration?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
TE Expert

Si je comprends bien, la photo sur Flickr est en fait une photo de la photo expose dans le bar?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
TE Newbie

oui c'est bien a.

il y a dans la sphre du bar, 5 ou 6 clichs imprims sur du plexi (chacune dans une largeur de 1 2m) et rtro-claires comme celle que l'on peut voir sur la photo avec le personnage.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Very well spotted, Thomas! I'm sure the issue will be clarified one way or another, but you sure make a compelling case. Is it possible that [admin: names or/and retributions are not allowed] simply photographed the image in the bar and conveniently omitted to mention this in the note? We see numerous pictures of posters here on the site...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Before making such accusations maybe you should take the CARE of looking well at both pictures as they are not the same look at the right side of the picture and you'll see that they are not the same.
Also on a monument so photographed as Atomium it's not hard to have very approximate images.
More, did it occured to you that they could be there at the same time, the same day???
I'm not here acusing anyone but before unveiling such suspects, please be sure of what you say.
No, I'm not a [admin: names or/and retributions are not allowed]'s TE friend or pal, I just know her from her good contribution for the site, if you look at the number of critiques i've made to her photos you will not find so many if one only.
Maybe you should also think that acusing without proofs can also be a cause for prosecution, do you know that???
Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
TE Senior Member

this debate is completely absurd, ridiculous and has no place on that kind of site.
TE is a comunautary site with people that just want to share their vision of the world, with their humble photographs.

I think that you are to young on that site to understand what I want to say but if you want to go behing the stage of the site, you will see that great people are here and that your point is really inept.

Step back, have hindsigth and enjoy the spirit of TE...that will be more profitable than your initial thread, believe me!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
TE Senior Member

This is ridiculous speech from the respected member stating that the account be delated. I have looked in both shots, and finds no similarities, only similarity is the subject. Is that a crime? More than that, I don't really think that a great humanitarian as our respected friend,would do this stupidity in her life. I dont believe that. My wishes always for her. I think, you should withsraw this unwanted argument. Let the other respected members too watch, and write.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM

That's an interesting one Thomas!

I believe the two images do come from the same base image, as the cloud patterns are identical, as is the lighting falloff (allowing for the obvious differences in geometry).

My take? The Flickr shot was taken with a cameraphone during a presentation about the Atomium. In the shadows of the foreground on the Flickr shot there's clearly someone standing next to (what I assume to be) a screen, on which the TE shot is probably being displayed.

In short, I suspect the TE photographer has their shot in use at the Atomium. Given how seriously the Atomium is reknowned for defence of their "visual copyright", I wouldn't be surprised if that was the agreed price for her being allowed to display it online ;)

As for people getting up in arms at the accusations, whilst I'm sure they're unjustified in this case, there have been folk here with gold stars who have ripped off other people's work "accidentally". There have also been "professional" photographers, who have ripped off TE users work. So it does happen, and in both directions.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
TE Expert

The TE shot was posted AFTER the Flickr shot. I believe UNLIMILOVE is correct in saying that both images were taken of a slide that was presented at Bar pois of Atomium.

The shots are identical, on FAUBRY's- you can even see the black edge of the slide on the bottom right.

In my honest opinion- the shot belongs to neither the person on Flickr nor FAUBRY as they have both posted a photo of someone elses photo.

That's my two cents...
- Dan
Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Yes, I don't have much doubt in this regard, either. Not the most honorable thing to do, but not a crime, either, and not even a reason to have the account deactivated. One could even argue that its an original photograph... of a photograph. Nicely spotted by Thomas. Given the strong vignette and the black border on the right side of the TE shot, I doubt that it could be the original of the better quality image displayed in the bar.