Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-19-2008, 12:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Default The world will never be in peace-Approved also by TE members

I've just read member eieio thread and realized that there had been an argument between him and some other TE members.The reason is just a picture that has been removed.I've seen lots of examples of that before on TE.The reason of the argument was sometimes the points that people give each other!!And these all were the starting points and ended with arguing on even the member's countries religion,culture,economy,the location on earth,..etc.
People just love to fight, and others love to watch peole fighting.Maybe this makes TE more popular, i don't know..
What i'm trying to say is not about if eieio was right or not.I haven't seen his photo, maybe he should obey the rules of TE.I wonder why the members of TE just don't try to learn more about the world through the photgraphy as i think this is the main reason that this website has been built.
As far as ordinary citizens in different countries attack each other on websites such as TE, i beleive the world leaders will have the right to set up wars as far as the reason is more power&land,petrol,religion,economy...etc.

Regards,
Ismet
Old 01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re:

I just thought if i am starting a new fight here !! oh my god!! we really love to argue :))
Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Re:

No, I think it is not that bad to remind the administrator the downside of the system on a free site that stimulates also growing greed, exchange and hypocrisy in a digital world where all want to become the greatest photographer , indeed these phenomenas stand in the way of the "learning about the world" or is it part of it in this commercial world where business steps over corps for own gain ? No protection here against copyright violations like on other sites.
It makes you wonder, what is in fact the target of TE still ? Crawling back in a protective group in the hope you still can learn something about photography for yourself as the interest for the world became less important then the ambition to become a great photographer. The balance and gallantry in wondering about the world once is maybe fading today.

A thought on the side, the one who stops wondering about the world, will he ever become a great photographer ?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: The world will never be in peace- you are wrong

Salam Mustafa
Easy down ! nobody fight with this TE member and nobody wrote about religion and ethnic difference here.
If I had published the photograph of my wife or my small nephew, the photograph would have been erased by the moderators. The treatment is identical for everyone without distinction of ethnic.
Here it is a site of photography and not a boxing ring.
Regards
Old 01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
TE Senior Member

You are 100 % right, Didi. Rules are rules, for everybody. If they don't except them, they should not become a member here.
Here on Trekearth, the "fights" in the forum are not so present... in Treklens au contraire, there a number of members who are attacking on any occasion others... I started some months ago on Treklens to post my shots that are not allowed on Trekearth, but after a few months, I don't feel the need anymore to post there on regular base. Trekearth is much more honest and most members are more polite here. It looks like on TL sometimes it's a "war" between so called "good photographers"...
Old 01-19-2008, 05:29 PM
TE Junior Member

Selam,

I wasn't meaning directly this member,it was something that i realized in general,both in TE and some other sites.
I do not have any feeling to protect him.
(once i had my photo removed too !!)

Regards,
Ismet
Old 01-19-2008, 05:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Lukie,
I'm not trying to protect him, i think there is a misunderstanding.I don't care about his removed photo.I was meaning the behaviours of people to each other in general both in TE and other sites.

Regards,
Ismet
Old 01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
TE Senior Member

Ismet,

protect who ? I don't know what you are talking about ? I just wrote something general, not refering to someone particular... at least not at someone from Trekearth... I think you misunderstood my writing ?

regards,
Luc.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
TE Newbie

Default this is what peace is about

Sirs,

With all due respect, wouldn't it be best if we drop this subject about Vincent(eieio) or any other member and instead just keep our focus on the goals of this site? I know he has already left TE and is now moving on, so why can't we?

Again, focus on posting those awesome photos of this beautiful world, don't do it for the points, not even for recognition. Do it for the love of this world, and for the love of photography.

Let's try to make a difference!

Peace and light,
Kaye
Old 01-19-2008, 06:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: this is what peace is about

I couldn't agree more, Kaye.

We all have our own views on the relative rights and wrongs of the political, religious and ethnic conflicts that are, seemingly, neverending and blight our existence.

However, how are we ever going to understand the world through photography if we cannot put these prejudices to one side and look at what we are being shown without judging another country by our own beliefs?

I joined TE to see the world as it is - not as I imagined it to be - nor, for that matter, as our political and religious propaganda merchants / leaders would have us believe it to be.

Paul.