Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-27-2007, 06:13 PM
TE Expert

Default Forum Photographic Festival - Derby

Richard Gatward, Kajwal and myself went to the festival last year and were very impressed

If you are in the UK East Midlands check it out

http://www.formatfestival.com/november/welcome.html
Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Forum Photographic Festival - Derby

Thanks for the link Kev,

Its was really good last year, with many many different photographers works being featured. I managed to catch an exhibit by Trent Parke and John Goto. Some varied documentary styles there.

This year, there is a fabulous opportunity to get your portfolio reviewed by people in the industry.. perhaps people you have heard of, such as Melissa Dewitt from Hotshoe magazine. Some others, who I'm told are well known in the industry, though I must admit, I didn't know who they are.. For anyone looking for a bit of advice about your pictures, it might be worth getting in touch with the founder, Mike Brown to book yourself an appointment.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Kev / Richard / Kajal,

I wish I'd known about this sooner as I've now got commitments I can't renege upon when this event is on. It looks like a good event and an exciting venue. Derby is certainly moving up in the world.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of response to the thread generally. Personally, I don't worry about who I show my photos to or what they say as my livelihood doesn't depend upon anyone's view.

However, I just wonder how many of us would be prepared to 'lay our soul bare' for industry experts to critique 'in person' - as opposed to the relative anonymity of the TE critique system? Just a thought.

I hope it goes well and will try to set a diary date to check on the autumn 2008 event.

Best wishes,

Paul.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Paul,

Yes - definately worth checking out if you are in the midlands..

p.s. Ke-ev! its Format festival by the way :)
Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
TE Expert

Not much response most likely becuase it's a local event and most just don't care about something like that unless they can get there.

I don't need to lay my soul infront of industry experts, I already know what they will say, I prefer the love I get from TE.

Peter
==================================
Actually, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of response to the thread generally. Personally, I don't worry about who I show my photos to or what they say as my livelihood doesn't depend upon anyone's view.

However, I just wonder how many of us would be prepared to 'lay our soul bare' for industry experts to critique 'in person' - as opposed to the relative anonymity of the TE critique system? Just a thought.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Peter. I know what you mean - but everywhere's 'local' to someone. Personally, I'd rather travel up and support an event like this one in Derby than go to London....
Paul.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:19 AM
TE Expert

Just testing you.......things come out differently as you get older!!!