Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 PM
TE Newbie

Default Colour Deception

Qnybody who can give me some information on this one is welcome to do so! I have an eos 400d/xti, and have been posting the picture on TE. Problem is:whne posted the pictures loose a lot of colours and contrast and the result is rather deceptive. The same happened when I printed a couple of pictures last week, the came out washed out and blah, even when I had worked on them on PS. They looked nothing like the original...
One thing that might be affecting this is the "embedded colour profile". When I open the photos is photoshop, I have a dialog box that opens saying the colour profile doesn't match the workign space and it's going to use the canoneos 400d embedded colour profile...
Any suggestions/idea? The only solution I have found to post the original pic on TE is to do a screen capture. That way the original colours remain. Honestly I don't like to do it that way, plus it's not an option to print...
Thanks to anyone who can help
Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Colour Deception

Yes, it's a colour profile problem. Make sure you use sRGB for the web. If it opens properly in PS (it must if you can use a screen capture), using 'Save for web...' will ensure you get sRGB.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
TE Newbie

Ok. Yes it does open properly. I am on mac, I have no pb on the computer, iPhoto, preview, PS...they all give me the original pic. I have the 400d set on adobe RGB...What bothers me most is the print quality.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
TE Junior Member

If your printing set-up supports Adobe RGB, it could give better results than sRGB. In any case, it shouldn't be worse. But if you're seeing the same loss of contrast, it sounds like it doesn't support it. I suggest you convert to sRGB and get that to work first...
Old 07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
TE Expert

Hi Simon
i will answer in English,since it is the way you started the thread.
I had a similar problem with colors on the web,very different from the colors directly from the camera.
In my case,it was due to a change of the color space from one program to the other.One was in abode RGB and the two others were in s-RGB.Now that all three are in s-RGB,I do not have any problem.
It seems the case for you also as one of your program is in a different color space.Try having all of them in s-RGB.
Save for the web will not solve anything in this case.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Simon,

I have a Mac as well, but I don't trust the colors in IPhoto. I noticed that they are more saturated and have higher contrast there than anywhere else on my Mac. I'm using Gimp for postprocessing, and that works fine.

Kind regards,

Lia
Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 AM
TE Newbie

I encountered a similar problem when I was using Adobe Lightroom. The program does some remarkable color changes to your photo. However, it saves all the progress in Adobe RGB color scheme. Thus, when you export the photo, you have to make sure you export it using the same color scheme. Once I exported it using sRGB and everything looked washed out.
Hope this helps.