Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Emiel_Skyfreak 2007-05-30 19:14

Hi Nikos,

I've been browsing your gallery last half hour, I was looking for photo's from Paros, where I go this summer, and ofcourse encountered your photo's. I've encountered quite some of them earlier allready, even critiqued a few of them. But now I've spend some more time to seriously look what you have done there. Impressive and pretty work, almost every photo I like. This 1Ds MKII is a hell of a machine, in your hands and with the 16-35F2.8 IS, damn it gives such beautiful results. Top sharpness, lovely colours, saturation and contrast. Everything is so in order, technically perfect I guess!
This shot with the 15mm Fisheye is also nice, ofcourse a fish doesn't work for each subject, but this is a good one and it turned out very well.

This summer, when I step on this boat this summer, I will be halfway on my vacation. The last option, so it seems! We'll move on to Syros, when we take foot on this boat. We'll spend 9 days on Paros and ~7,5 on Syros (and ~2,5 in Athens)
If you have any tips or hints for me to visit on Paros or in Parikia/Naoussa, I'll be pleased to hear them.
Again, wonderful gallery from the Kyklades you've visited, congrats!

ps hope your still there on this site.
Greetings from Holland.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Emiel_Skyfreak: more

In Athens do not disappointed by the ugliness. It is a city that you need time to appreciate and you need a local to help you uncover its secrets. It is not picture perfect like Paris so it takes time to discover it. Since you are there briefly make sure you take the metro and exit at the acropolis stop. The metro station is an experience by itself because it is like a museum. Then when you exit walk around acropolis on the big pedestrian street to enjoy this great monument. Go in the afternoon because it is cooler. Carry a tripod because when the blue hour comes you can get some excellent shots of the acropolis. Some nights the acropolis is open late. Go up there and get tranfered back 2500 years.

Take care

Nick