Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Dpbours 2007-05-28 23:17

Hi Nikos,

I don't agree with the comment on the noise! There is a clear difference between noise and fog ;-). And to me, this is more fog. Next to that, on the focus. What else would you focus on when everything is out-of-focus due to the fog?
With a focal length of 60 mm I do not think there has been a lot of cropping done. It cannot have been cropped a lot, since 60 mm with that branch in front is the expected result with that focal length. It takes a bit of time - and photographing - to see these things ;-).
I clearly give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the comments of Waris - based on the good results in your picture and based on my assumption that someone shooting with a 1Ds Mark II and using Mac PS CS3 is not an amateur and knows what he is doing...

Wonderful picture. A slight over-exposure, but it adds to the whole atmosphere. Tones are great, great composition and the right depth of focus. Nice one! :-)

Greetings, Dennis

Old 05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Dpbours: thanks

You, my friend are 100% correct. I agree it takes time and experience to see some things and it is obvious that you have both.

Thanks

Nick
Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Dpbours: thanks

Thanks! Always nice to hear that.

Talking about experience... I posted a thread on the forum some days ago on the most beautiful landscape photography location you have ever been. Just that location where you looked at the landscape and you had a dry throat of emotions and just had to wait for a minute to take that picture, just to let it all sink in...

Would you have such a location, such an emotion with a landscape picture in Greece or either the US? If so, share it with us on my latest thread:

http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=433327&m=606223

I'm making a theme 'Landscapes with amazing WOW-factor' of all the reactions.

Have a good day! Dennis