Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ahmet54 2007-02-17 7:08

Hi Tudor,
great capture of a corner in a very interesting city. The shot against the light works well in your picture. It lacks a bit of contrast. So I have made a little WS. Besides the poster is from the movement 'al-jihad ul-islami'.
Kind regards,
Roland

Old 02-17-2007, 05:07 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ahmet54: Danke

Thanks for the workshop Roland, and for the useful note about the content of the poster. Do you speak arabic? (I see your user name is ahmet :) ) I suppose the name means "The Islamic Jihad" So is it a call to arms?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To ahmet54: Danke

Hello Tudor,
I can not speak arabic. I am so to say a hobby-turcologist. Since nearly all turcic languages have been written with arabic characters until the late twenties of the last century, I have learned to read it. The headline of the poster is read : Harakat ul-jihad ul-islami. Meaning: Movement of the islamic jihad. The words in light grey between the guns are read: Allahu akbar. The white line below the pictures:
... il l-ahd ul-awfiyah ( I can't read the first word) meaning: ... for the league of the faithful. The black writing is too small, but the last two words in the left corner are : Bayt lahm = Bethlehem.
Kind regards,
Roland