Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great BennyV 2016-09-23 0:30

Hey, what a pleasant surprise to see you dropping in here again, Cristina! A picture true to style, very recognisable, beautiful.

As far as your Prague comment goes, friends of ours just visited the city and they said exactly the same thing. It's not exactly moving Prague up on our list of places we want to visit.

Benny

Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 AM
TE Expert

Default To BennyV: re:

hi Benny,

thanks!
yes, Prague and the tourists... once morning I was up before 6 and I thought to go to Charles bridge to take a few pictures - the sun was not up yet so I figured no one would be there. Wrong! it was only 6:15 and the bridge was already crowded with backpackers, wedding couples, Chinese guys shooting a video, group of travellers, you name it...
The worst thing is that they turned the center into a kind of tacky carousel of cheap restaurants and shops, which in Summer obviously occupy the pavement of the old quarter and prevent people from enjoying the streets. However, once you move a bit out of the route suggested by the tourist guides you will find empty streets and nice quiet areas.
It's a challenge but it can be rewarding at times
Have a good weekend!
c.