Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great willperrett 2015-09-03 1:03

Hello Cristina

This is a fine and dramatic shot, and as a sailor myself, really interesting. It's a shame no-one else seems to agree! I thought I might be able to identify the ship for you, but there's too little information. As far as I can tell, she's a fully rigged ship (ie has square sails on all three masts) which may narrow down the search a bit. That doesn't make it a poor shot: rather the reverse. I like the graphism of including only the masts and rigging. And your PP work, especially the sepia toning, has given a convincingly old-fashioned feel to the photograph. Nice one!

Regards

Will

P.S.: I've done a bit of sleuthing: discovered which tall ships were at Sail Amsterdam 2015, and had a closer look at your picture. I now think the mizzen mast has no square sails, so the ship appears to be a barque. She looks very much like ARC Gloria from Columbia. Does that ring any bells with you?

Will

Old 09-03-2015, 08:19 AM
TE Expert

Default To willperrett: re:

good morning will,

yes, you might be right - I know for sure it was a "Latin" ship, I just cannot remember which one...
Definitely not the Ecuadorian one... I should check the photo sequence, I might have caught the name on the back...
I'll get back to you on this one

And thanks as usual for your lovely words - I am so busy with work and preparing for holiday in two weeks that all I can do is "dump" photos on TE... but I will reply to all your comments, I promise!
c.