Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kevinos 2010-06-03 13:47

The elements in the image are well framed and you have good use of DoF. The speed is just right to catch the flying water droplets too. It is a monk of the Mahayana sect, probably Vietnamese, giving a blessing with holy water; a very ordinary ceremony. I'm not sure the expression of the face of the looksit contributes anything much. I assume that the picture was taken on Visaka Puja Day. It's nice to see priests of different sects sitting together in the background. It is also interesting to see Buddhism being practiced openly in a Muslim country. Indonesia, is one of the few Muslim countries to permit a measure of religious freedom .The picture is a good documentary shot too.The title is rather odd, he is not spraying, but sprinkling. Sprinklings like this form a ritual in almost every religion.I might have called it. Sprinkling Holy Water. or just Springling. ot just Holy Water. ot even Giving a Blessing. regards,

Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
TE Newbie

Default To kevinos: Thanks for the new knowledge

Thank you for your kind and supporting comment Kevin..

I'm Muslim, and Your comment about the different sects of Buddhist
is a new knowledge for me ..thanks

Yes this picture was taken on Visaka/Vesak/Waisak(in Bahasa Indonesia).
You're right, as your comment about different sects of Buddhist and
different riligion in Indonesia..yes, we live in beautiful harmony of diversity.

About the title, Why "spraying out"?! because, I just to try to
find the match connotation meaning between
the expression of his (funny) face and the water springkled (by monk).

Regards