Photographer's Note

In the eighteenth century, it took 20 years of work to realize the emblematic place of Bordeaux!
At first it was called the Place Royale
Since 1720, Intendant Boucher has worked with the jurats and parliament to create a royal square and finally open the fortress town. His choice to secure the services of Jacques Gabriel, Prime Architect of King Louis XV, will be decisive: this rectangular square with cut sides, facades adorned with masks and ironwork is needed to generate the classic city.
The Hotel des Fermes built by Gabriel father, then the Hotel de la Bourse by Gabriel son and the isolated central pavilion that breaks permanently the old "wall composes this royal place.
it is the most photographed of the city by tourists from around the world, since the famous Miroir d'Eau.
Alas the mirror of water is in maintenance until April


Stitch in 5 pictures

Copyright Didi MASSOUD January 2018

Photo Information
Viewed: 391
Points: 46
Additional Photos by Didi Massoud (Didi) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 8686 W: 4463 N: 15268] (61463)
View More Pictures