Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great nomadgraphics 2007-09-06 2:37

hy there. I must admit I am amazed by the quality and the composition of your pictures. So, I have to ask you: what other filter you use except the circular polarizer filter and if you use a tripod?
I went on a lot of forest (I am a hydrogeologist so I travel a lot) but I can't get this feeling or this mood in my photos.
I really admire your photos.
Best regards, from a big fan
Alex

Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To nomadgraphics: You're too kind.

Hello Alex. Thanks very much for your kind words. It's a real compliment. Apart from the polariser I've just begun using graduated neutral density filters. There are several brands and sizes. I use a brand called Hitech, which wewe recomended to me by a fellow Trekker. They fit into a Cokin brand holder that screws onto your lens. They're used to balance for example bright skies and dark foregrounds. I'm still learning but they are a real bonus to have. And wherever possible (like when I don't leave it in the car!) I use a tripod as I like to work with small apertures and slow shutter speeds. I cary a light tripod as I usually have to hike or climb somewhere to get these shots. I hope this helps. I look forward to seeing lots of long exposures from you ;). Thanks again.
Best regards, Steve.