Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2018-11-14 6:58

Hello Viviane,
Even to me, as a Swede, such light at 22:45 and so much ice and snow in mid May seems rather exotic. I have never been even nearly as far north as this. It looks cold, and not entirely pleasant, but the colours are very nice.
Regards,
Gert

Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM

Wink To holmertz: Exotic?

Bonjour Gert,

My English is sometimes not enough to understand... Exotic? Do you mean like tropical? Did you check the WS for the same photo in the morning?
We were camping a few km north west from Vilhelmina, on the shore of the Volgsjn and the people who were running the camping told us that the ice should have smelt at the beginning of May but they knew that when the Spring was late, the Summer should be good... And they were right!
Yes, it was quite cold but sooooo beautiful! How further north, how colder, how more gorgeous was the nature around us! And of course, very often, with sun and blue sky we enjoyed!
You live in a beautiful country Gert...

Amicalement,
Viviane
Old 11-14-2018, 04:00 PM
TE Expert

By "exotic" I rather meant "unusual and exciting because of coming (or seeming to come) from far away"(but not necessarily from a tropical country).
Regards,
Gert