Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2012-04-25 0:45

Hello Finlay,

This is a beautiful photograph of the Fair City and we don't see many pictures of Perth or Perthsire here very much at all. Perhaps we should remedy that!

I love Perth as a city - my mother was brought up near there - and you have captured it well in this well composed photograph. I presume you were standing on the South Street bridge (or Victoria Bridge) looking northwards to the old (Smeaton's) bridge farther upstream. The lighting and exposure are excellent, the colours well saturated but true and the whole image is stunningly sharp.

And what a glorious sky - are you sure you didn't use a polariser for this shot?

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: Spot on

Hi John

As always you have got the location spot on here. I did indeed take the shot from South St bridge looking towards Smeaton's bridge.

I was fortunate with the weather. A blue sky with puffy white clouds is always good I think. It's just a uv filter that I have fitted to the lens, primarily to protect it from damage. A little tweak to adjust the levels in photoshop mainly to the white point slider.

Finlay
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
TE Expert

Default Good lighting.........

Hello Finlay,

Thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, I agree, the light is everything when it comes to photography. And those puffy clouds scudding across a lovely blue sky are what any photographer would wish for! How I hate those bright pure white skies which are so unflattering. Like today here in Lanark!

Your lighting is also wonderful on the buildings along the riverside too, especially the steeple of St. Matthew's Church which stands out beautifully against the sky - and it's in just the right position in your frame too!

I really must get back to Perth and try some shots there myself.

Kind Regards,

John.