Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2011-05-09 6:33

Hello Finlay,

A fine photograph of this lovely old tractor, its bright red livery standing out well against the green grassy background.

Being a bit of a petrolhead and loving these pieces of old machinery, I've done a wee bit of research. First, I see that this tractor was at the Neilston Show last year as you can see here. It would appear not to be quite so old as both you and I thought - probably from about 1935 or so, as you can see from the pictures on this site - the one in this last picture looks just like "your" tractor although the paintwork is slightly different and it's missing its front (solid rubber) tyres.

I see that this model cost 185 in 1936. Quite a lot of money in those days - you could have bought my little car in 1935 for 168 new!

A very interesting picture from your local show, Finlay! Thanks for sharing this one.

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: thanks

John

Thanks for the background research you did on this tractor. It was very interetsing to see what you had been able to find. I had been along to the show last year but obviously misssed this tractor on that particular occasion!! I know you have a real interest in old cars etc. which must present many interesting subjects for you photography hobby too.

Finlay