Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2018-10-22 11:32

Hello Paul,

This immediately made me think of adventure stories, like 'The Lost World', though I know that was on a plateau. I suppose the thought of exploring distant lands in the New World, is the link.
I just love this photograph and your w/s, where I can share your adventure in pictures as well as words.
The volcano does look incredibly steep and I feel sure you would have told us about it had you managed to climb to the top.
Even the clouds appear to be on your side for this photograph!

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 10-22-2018, 08:21 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Other hikes are possible on Isla Ometepe

Thank you Beverley,

No, I didn't climb this volcano. I walked to the crater of two volcanoes in the north of the country (Telica and Cerro Negro) and to the Masaya crater you can go by car.
But climbing the Concepcin is a very tough job. I don't have the physical condition for it.
The Maderas is a bit less difficult but most of the time people who reach the top find themselves in a thick cloud mass and don't have views.

There are other possibilities for beautiful hikes on the island, less spectacular and a lot easier and yet those took me also a lot of sweat reaching the goal

Best wishes,
Paul

Last edited by PaulVDV; 10-22-2018 at 08:23 PM.