Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2018-05-27 2:21

Hello Gert,
My first thought when seeing your main picture was that nowadays, phone calls must be made at all possible places. In the WS I could better see that this person is a worker who probably needed to have a conversation for the job he had to carry out.
Porto is a very beautiful and interesting city where after a while you like to return to with great pleasure. I've also been twice to Porto, with many years in between.
I bet you've tried to find the place on the hill overlooking the river where you took your photo 'Portuguese neorealism'. I hope you were able to find it.
Unfortunately I've already experienced that after many years I looked for a certain place in a city and couldn't find it anymore. On the other hand, I also found places back that had changed little.
This view over the river and the houses is unusual in a vertical format but in this case it is the most suitable.
Looking out for more Porto vieuws.
Best regards, Paul

Old 05-27-2018, 12:25 PM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: neorealism

Thanks Paul,
I certainly did my best to find all the neorealistic places of 1984, and more or less I did. But in various ways they had of course changed drastically, at least the atmosphere. Neorealism was gone and only tourism remains. Without that old magic those places have become such conventional tourist views that I will really have to think hard whether I will show any.
Regards,
Gert